Wednesday, July 2, 2008

What to do???

Today was an interesting day. At 9:45am this morning John and I stopped at the Doctor’s office. The results of my MRI are in and now I need to make a decision…to have ankle surgery or not? The MRI shows swelling in one of the bones in my ankle. What is causing the swelling? The irritation maybe a cartilage problem or something else. There is only one way to find out and fix it. That means an ankle scope and 4-6 weeks on crutches, a little more of a recovery than the last scope in 2004.

Right now my ankle is ok…it doesn’t hurt a lot. It does swell and get uncomfortable. I don’t have to have the surgery but it wont get any better and it might get worse. There is no way to know. I can hold off on the surgery until fall if I choose to have it.

The Doctor’s office is going to call next week and see what I want to do. Right now I think I’m going to schedule the surgery and see how the next few months go. I can always cancel.
b

No comments: