Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Nightmares

All of my life I have had bad dreams. Sometimes I have nightmares. As far back as I can remember…I would wake up crying. That is horrible. When I was a little kid I wouldn’t want to go to sleep because I was scared. I would stay up as long as I could. I didn’t like to sleepover at friends houses because I was afraid I would wake them up too. Even as an adult these dreams have continued. I know they are not real. Sometimes they are really stupid and totally impossible. The badness happens to me or someone I love. However they always seem real and carry a lot of emotion. Some dreams seem so real that I actually have to call the person the next day to see if they are ok. This has gone on a long time. Stress makes it worse. When I was taking Topamax to treat migraines my nightmares were the worst! Instead of having the occasional bad dream I was having one terrifying one after another. I would have 7or 8 of them a night. This happened for an entire week. When taking Topamax you have to increase your dosage a little bit at a time. It was during the third week of increase that the nightmares started. After the next increase they stopped. Several weeks later when I decided to stop taking the drug (it wasn’t helping my migraines) I had to step down the level. Just when I reached the same level as in the 3rd week the terror began again. It was really bad!!!!!!! So I will wipe my eyes, get a drink of water, and try to go back to sleep once again. When I was a kid my sister and I had to share a room. I always felt so bad when I would wake her up. I would be crying. She is almost 3 years younger than me. Sometimes she would get out of bed and pat me on the head and tell me everything was OK. Thanks Annie…I’m going to go back to bed…. I’m going to try and think of happy things

Sweet dreams…..b

No comments: