Sunday, September 28, 2008

A weekend at home

Well... almost.

Friday night we drove to Pleasant Prairie to visit the Pitts family. It was a great time. We had dinner, drank beer, and had a fire.  We need to hang out more!

Saturday we picked up our new pick up truck. We finally got a Nissan Frontier. After shopping at 3 different dealers we found a dealer that could produce a truck. I just don't get it... We had to be the easiest customers to work with. We knew exactly the truck we wanted to buy. We didn't have a trade and we didn't need to finance...Does it get any easier? I will post a picture in a few days.

After we picked up the pick up we went to John's parent's. John had to help his Dad with some stuff. Then we just sat around listening to the Brewer game. I NEVER want to attend a sporting event with his parents. It was terrible listening to them complain and make negative comments.  Why do people think a negative comment follow up by laughter is ok? Like the giggle changes what they have said? Like it takes away the negativity. It makes me uncomfortable. 

We went out for dinner early with the family. I think we got to the restaurant at 4:45pm. That is a little early for me but this time it worked out. John and I stayed at Wayne and Dawn's a little late the night before...We left their house at 2:15am :) So eating early was good so I could get to bed early.  Dinner was good until the Badgers lost and so did the Brewers.... love that positive energy!

Today we got to work in the yard. This is one of my favorite things to do with John. I planted bulbs (some of which we purchased right from the source in Amsterdam). John cut the grass and cleaned out Big Red. My Uncle John picked up Big Red this afternoon. Bye Bye Big Red!!! You were a great truck!

later,
b

No comments: