Monday, December 21, 2009

I'm doing well

The surgery was a success. Things are going well, very little pain or swelling. It turns out there was a piece of unattached cartilage in the joint. It was removed and the bone was fractured so it would bleed. I guess that causes the body to generate new tissue. Because of the micro fracture I can not put weight on my foot for 6 weeks. I will be on crutches for 6 weeks and then I don't know what will happen...more info after Wednesday.

Good thing I have been working out. My legs, core, arms, and back are strong which makes getting around on one foot a lot easier. All of the lunges and squats are really paying off! Thanks NX level for helping me get strong!

Big thanks to my friend Karen J for coming over and Saturday and staying with me. John had to go to a family xmas party and I needed someone to help me out for the evening. Thanks!!!!

FYI
Now accepting visitors and rides places! I'm a little slow but I need to get out of the house for short trips.

No comments: