Wednesday, August 4, 2010

It is time to make a deal


The deal is the facts. Yes, the honest truth is the deal. I have a difficult time losing weight. My resolve is strong, I like to exercise, and my diet is healthy. Now is the time to write it down and figure it out. I have a polar heart rate monitor that tracks my exercise and a new app for my phone to track calories eaten.

The plan is to workout at the gym 2-3 times a week and burn 1,000 calories each visit. In edition to the gym I want to add 1-2 workouts at home or on the weekend. My goal for total calories eaten is 1,200-1,500 daily. I would like to follow this plan for a month and see what happens. If I lose weight no further action is required. This will mean that I’m back on track. If not, back to the doctor. The last time I lost weight I had to follow a special very low cal diet that I got from a naturopath. I don’t want to do that again unless it is necessary. I’m so afraid of becoming anorexic. I get very frustrated with my situation and feel so out of control. The only way I feel in control is to eat very little. I know that is not healthy.

No comments: